সোমবার, ২৬ মার্চ, ২০১২

Independence Day President, PM issue messages

President M Zillur Rahman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Sunday issued messages on the great Independence and National Day.   

The premier, in her message, said, “I convey my heartiest greetings to my countrymen as well as to all expatriate Bangalees on the occasion of the great Independence and National Day of Bangladesh.”

She said, “The 26th March is a glorious day in our national life. On this great day, I pay my deep homage to the 3 million martyrs and 200 thousand women who lost their innocence in the War of Liberation in 1971.”

In her message, she recalled with deep gratitude the great leader of our liberation struggle, the greatest Bangalee of all time, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, under whose dynamic leadership “we earned our great independence”.

She added: “I extend my sympathies to those who had lost their near and dear ones, and were subjected to brutal torture and subjugation during the war. I recall with gratitude our foreign friends who had extended their whole¬hearted support and cooperation for the cause of our liberation.”

In the message she said the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman proclaimed the independence of Bangladesh at the first hour of the 26th March, 1971 after the occupation forces launched sudden attack on the innocent and unarmed Bangalees on the black night of the 25th March, 1971.

Besides, President M Zillur Rahman in his message said, March 26 is our great Independence and National Day.

“On the eve of the day, I convey my heartfelt greetings and felicitations to the fellow countrymen living at home and abroad,” he said.

He also said the historic Independence Day is a glorious day in our national life. We achieved our long-cherished independence through nine-month long armed struggle and supreme sacrifices of millions of people.

On this solemn day, I pay my deep homage to the martyrs who laid down their lives in the War of Liberation in 1971. I pray to the Almighty for the salvation of those departed souls, the president said.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন

পৃষ্ঠাসমূহ